A nutritionally balanced diet can aid in digestive issues, reduce joint pain, diminish headaches, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and even prevent more serious medical conditions. A diet rich in these 10 â€œsuper foodsâ€ will contain a wealth of vitamins and minerals for your familyâ€™s overall optimum health.
1. Berriesâ€”Berries are high in fiber, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and pack an incredible healthy punch into a small, readily-available package.
2. Broccoliâ€”Broccoli is high in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as being a powerhouse for fiber.The full explanation can be found at http://www.observer.org.sz/index.php?news=40090
3. Sweet potatoesâ€”an easy substitute for a traditional baked potato, a baked sweet potato will increase your intake of vitamin A.
4. Salmonâ€”salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health.
5. Beansâ€”all varieties of beans are loaded with insoluble fibers for a healthy digestive system.
6. Eggsâ€”excellent sources of protein, eggs contain 12 vitamins and minerals in every economical serving.
7. Nutsâ€”nuts come in a variety of tastes and all include heart-healthy fats, protein, and antioxidants.
8. Kiwiâ€”one kiwi provides your daily requirement of vitamin C, along with several other antioxidants.
9. Quinoaâ€”becoming more readily accessible, quinoa is the healthiest whole grain available.
10. Low-fat yogurtâ€”yogurt gives you the best bang for your buck with the highest calcium intake of any dairy product.